National Chronicle
Business/Economy

No fresh cash expense to be proposed in 1st supplementary demands

Union Finance Ministry

New Delhi:  The Union Finance Ministry has said that ministries and departments should not propose cash supplementary in the first batch of supplementary demand for grants.

In an office memorandum, the ministry has sought expenditure proposals for the first batch of supplementary demand for grants from all ministries and departments, in adherence with the requirement for minimum expenditure amid the coronavirus crisis.

The first batch of Supplementary Demands for Grants for the financial year 2020-21 is proposed to be placed before the Parliament in the upcoming monsoon session, said the office memorandum.

“Since full Budget is available with Ministries/Departments with effect from April 2020 onwards, cash supplementary should not be proposed in this batch. Such requests shall be summarily rejected,” it said.

The cases eligible under the supplementary demands would include those where advances from the Contingency Fund of India have been granted, said the memorandum dated June 17.

Earlier in June, the Finance Ministry had asked all ministries and departments not to initiate any new scheme in the current financial year and said that there is a need to use resources prudently in the wake of the current pandemic.

Related posts

Will initiate more reforms to get growth back: PM (lead)

NC Team

Coronavirus: Gold prices fall by about Rs 6500, jewelery gold is so cheap

NC Team

‘Long wait for return of migrant workers to Karnataka’ (Return of the Exodus-II)

NC Team

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More