The Delhi government has decided to implement the concessions issued by the Union Home Ministry for areas falling in the Red Zone. From Monday, the exemption granted by the Ministry of Home Affairs along with all security arrangements will be applied in the Red Zone areas of Delhi.
However, the decision has been left to the government to decide whether to grant entry to the house assistants or those coming to work in the houses.
It may be noted that in view of the Corona virus situation across the country, the Central Government has extended the lockdown period for the second time till May 17. Meanwhile, the government has also decided to give some concession in the lockdown rules.
After these concessions, the people of Delhi are expected to get a big relief. Delhi Government Home Minister Satyendra Jain said that all the districts of Delhi are vulnerable to Corona, hence the entire capital is the Red Zone. Each district has more than one containment zone. No relief will be given in these containment zones.
Relax will be available in these things-
- In private vehicles (cars etc.) two people in the back seat and one person on a motorcycle will be allowed to exit by riding.
- Private offices will be allowed to open, but only 33 percent employees will be able to come to the office. The rest will have to work from home.
- Those coming for domestic help or other work will be allowed from seven in the morning to seven in the evening. However, permission to enter inside the society will have to be obtained from RWA.
- IT companies and call centers will be allowed to open offices with 33 percent staff.
All employees of the Deputy Secretary and their senior posts in government offices will be allowed to visit the office. With this post, 33 percent of junior level employees will be able to work in the office.
- Cold storage and warehousing facilities will be resumed.
Security guards and people associated with self-employed work such as plumber, electrician will also be allowed to work. However, the ban on barbers will still continue.
- Industrial operations with access control will be allowed to proceed.
- If workers are available on site then construction works will also be allowed to proceed.
- Shops around the colonies and houses will also be allowed to open.
- E-commerce services will also be exempted for essential goods.
- Companies providing courier, post, telecom and internet services will also get discounts.
- Services of waste management and other public utilities will also be allowed.
- Banks, NBFCs, insurance, capital market functions and other societies providing credit facilities will be allowed to operate.
- People will also continue to get health related services and police assistance. Necessary personnel will also be deployed for these services.