New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the countrymen through his monthly radio program ‘Mann Ki Baat’, referring to the Indian contingent that went to the Tokyo Olympics. PM Modi said that not only me but the whole country was thrilled to see Indian players carrying the tricolor in the Tokyo Olympics. PM Modi said that these players have reached here after overcoming many challenges of life. Today they have the strength of your love and support.
Mann Ki Baat Live Updates:
- There was a time when even small construction work used to take years, but today the situation is changing in India due to technology. At present, work is going on at a fast pace on the light house project at 6 different places in the country. Modern technology and innovative methods are used in projects: PM Modi
- Like the ‘Quit India Movement’ was started under the leadership of Bapu, in the same way today every countryman has to lead the India Jodo Movement. It is our duty to do our work in such a way that it helps in connecting our India with diversity: PM Modi
- Since the year 2014, we often talk about Khadi in Mann Ki Baat. It is your effort that today the sale of Khadi has increased manifold in the country. Whenever you buy something of Khadi anywhere, it only benefits our poor weaver brothers and sisters: PM
- A historical background is associated with National Handloom Day on 7 August. The Swadeshi Movement was started on this day in 1905. Handloom is a huge source of income in rural and tribal areas of our country. Lakhs of women, weavers and craftsmen are associated with this sector: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- There are so many freedom fighters and great men, whom the country is remembering in the Amrit festival. Programs related to this are also being organized continuously by the government and social organizations. This time an event is going to be held on 15th August, this is an effort – related to the national anthem. It is the effort of the Ministry of Culture that on this day as many Indians as possible sing the national anthem: PM Modi
- Tomorrow is Kargil Vijay Diwas. The Kargil war is such a symbol of bravery and restraint of the Indian forces that the whole world has seen. This time this glorious day will also be celebrated in the midst of Amrit Mahotsav. That’s why it becomes even more special: PM Modi
- On this 15th August, the country is entering its 75th year of independence. It is our great fortune that we are witnessing 75 years of freedom for which the country has waited for centuries: PM Modi
- During the last ‘Mann Ki Baat’, Prime Minister Modi had urged people to support all the athletes participating in the Tokyo Olympics. The PM said, ‘Every athlete going to the Tokyo Olympics has had to struggle, they have worked hard for a long time. He is not going to the Games just for himself, but is going to Tokyo to make the country proud. I urge the citizens of our country to inspire our athletes.
- The Tokyo Olympics 2020 was to be held last year, but was postponed due to the Corona epidemic. The games have started from 23 July and will continue till 8 August. Mann Ki Baat is the Prime Minister’s monthly radio address to the nation, which is broadcast on the last Sunday of every month.