National Chronicle
National Top News

Will the road to Shaheen Bagh be opened or not? Hearing in a short time in Supreme Court

New Delhi: Protests have been going on in the Shaheen Bagh for more than two months over the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). The Supreme Court will again hear on Monday the petitions seeking direction to the central government to remove the protesters protesting the CAA from Shaheen Bagh in Delhi. On 10 February, a bench of Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice KM Joseph issued notice to the Center and the Delhi government and the police on the issue.

Today, they will present his side in court. According to the information received, women of Shaheen Bagh will also speak in court.

Postponed till March if permission is not given

The proposed march of Shaheen Bagh protesters to meet Union Home Minister Amit Shah was postponed on Sunday due to non-approval. Later, it was not allowed to send a delegation led by the Dadis. After this, the protesters returned after talking to the police. The protesters did not even have an opinion about the event. Some people wanted to go on a march, while another faction was opposing it.

Recently, Home Minister Amit Shah expressed his desire to meet the opponents of CAA. After this, on Saturday, the protesters of Shaheen Bagh had announced that on Sunday they would march and go to the home minister’s house. For this, he also wrote a letter to the police and asked for permission. South East District Deputy Commissioner of Police RP Meena said that his letter had been sent to the police headquarters. They were told not to get permission to meet. After this they returned to the picket.

Earlier on Tuesday, thousands of people gathered at Shaheen Bagh on the call of March. Police also made strict security arrangements to prevent the march from going beyond Shaheen Bagh. Apart from the local police, several companies of paramilitary forces were deployed in Shaheen Bagh. Many of the layers had barricading. The women also agreed to march with banners and tricolors in hand. On one occasion, the protesters changed tactics and announced that if the police gave permission, a delegation led by the Dadis would not go out to meet the Home Minister, instead of taking out the march. Everyone agreed to it. The women involved in the march were stopped at the picket.

In the last hearing, the court said, wait a few more days.

Another petitioner in the case and former BJP MLA Nand Kishore Garg, advocate Shashank Dev Sudhi, requested the bench to give interim directions in the matter. The bench said that it cannot be unilateral. Advocate Mahmud Pracha told the bench that he wanted to interfere in this matter on behalf of Chandra Shekhar Azad, the chief of the Bhima Army. The bench said that you do what you think is appropriate. In the final moments of the hearing, when advocate Shashank Dev Sudhi insisted on seeking some direction in the matter, stating that there was inconvenience to the public due to blockage on public roads, the bench remarked, if you have more than 50 days If you have waited then wait a few more days.

Related posts

Noida administration launches helpline for corona test

NC Team

Nokia has best chance to revive in Huawei’s absence: Report

NC Team

Ind vs Aus: Ricky Ponting make the prediction earlier, how Prithvi Shaw is going to be out

NC Team

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More