At the same time you are earning, you should try to save something for that time when you will retire. This has two advantages, on the one hand you are able to raise some money for the future and on the other there is some savings in tax. One such scheme for the future is the National Pension System. Anyone from 18 to 65 years of age can invest in this scheme. Not only this, you can also apply online for NPS.
- To open an online NPS account, you will have to go to the e-NPS portal enps.nsdl.com.
- On opening the page, you will see the option of Registration and Contribution.
- Here you have to choose the option of registration.
- Here you have to give information about your details, PAN and bank account. Then have to click on continue.
- A new page will open and then you will have to fill in your personal information and identity details.
- After filling this detail, there will be an option to upload the image and sign.
- After uploading the photo and sign, you have to pay for NPS account.
- After payment, you will be allotted a Permanent Retirement Account Number.